1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Has anyone ever

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Mac, Mar 18, 2001.

1. Mac

Mac Member

I recently removed the plow off my truck. A 97 GMC 2500Hd. However, when I was looking over the truck I noticed the box frame on the front of the truck had riped in two piece on the bottom. Has anyone ever had this happen? and what can be done to fix it?

2. boba

boba Senior Member

I had a 1991 GMC 3500HD. Diamond Vplow destroyed the frame.
    Cracked right behind the front axle on both frame rails.
    Thankfully insurance company called it damage from plowing and put a new frame under the truck.

3. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

I knew a Diamond V-plow was heavy, didn't know it was that heavy.

Geoff

4. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

Same thing happened here

Our 97 K2500 did the same thing, but it was because the plow frame bolts had gotten loose and let it get to pounding. Not a big deal to fix it, just get a decent welder to plate the bottom of the frame back in and drill bolt holes in the right places. Maybe a 3 hour job to do it right.

5. Michael F

Michael F Senior Member

I saw the same thing on a GM truck we were looking at, the plow had been removed so I don't know what kind they had on it.

6. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

boba,

Stick with that insurance company!!!

-Tim

7. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

In order to mess up the frame-someone is abusing that truck big time,or the plow bolts were loose and that broke the frame-time to evaluate the driver of that truck,unless it was you,then its OK,since your paying for the damage,one way or another.Good luck with fixing it,Ive never seen a frmae bent on those-besided accident damage.

8. torque20

torque20 Junior Member

Break-Fast Anyone?

if you didnt snap a cvjoint / crack a clevis / pinch a hose / or some kinda NORMAL WEAR N TEAR ..........YOU AINT DOIN IT RIGHT!gotta go into them piles like a kid in a candystore.YOU MUST BREAK some eggs to make an OMMLETTE!

9. DYNA PLOW

DYNA PLOW Senior Member

thats those damn light duty chevy trucks trying to do a
    mans work ( ford,dodge).
    didn't you learn when you were a kid that tinker toys do break.
    LOL
    dan

10. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

Oh man... here we go again.

-Tim