1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Has anyone ever used this tire for plowing

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Dondo, Nov 11, 2011.

1. Dondo

Dondo Senior Member

I am looking for new tires for my K5 Blazer. I can get a good deal on the General Tire "Grabber" tire. I have never plowed using a tire from General Tire so I'm trying to see what everyones thoughts are or if anyone has used these before on their truck.

I'll be using the 31 x 10.5 x 15 size and could care less about the red letters rubbing off. All though it would look good on the red truck.

Born from competition, this tire has been developed by the most skilled engineers and tested by the best off-road racers including Carl Renezeder and BJ Baldwin.
    •3-Ply Construction
    •Reactive Contour Technology
    •Race inspired sidewall design
    •Acoustic Modulation Sound Technology (AMST)
    •Patented Strake & Chamfer tread Pattern

Benefits
    •Race proven 3-Ply construction provides driving confidence under the world's most extreme conditions
    •Even tread wear throughout the life of the tire
    •Multi-angled sidewall protectors help prevent punctures. Competition inspired red letters
    •Sound wave suppression that works to reduce road noise
    •Delivers high levels of off-road traction while providing smooth on-road performance

What not to do with the Grabber red lettering
    •Do not use gas, alcohol or petroleum based solvents.
    •Do not use direct high-pressure water.
    •Avoid rough brushes or any other abrasive materials.

Red Lettering does age during service and may change slightly in appearance
    •If hit by debris or curbs, the red lettering may show areas of damage.
    •In the case of noticeable discoloration, the red lettering should be cleaned with special car cleaners designed for rubber and plastics.
    •Apply small amount of cleaner on soft towel and carefully wipe evenly over the red lettering.

bc3f7938-1414-4993-820d-5287fa2a05f8.jpg