1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Has anyone ever seen a Fisher setup like this?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by JFon101231, Aug 25, 2011.

1. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

Looked at a 7.5' MM1 setup off a GMT400 1500, and this was under the hood. The reservoir didn't look modified, but the valve assembly almost looked like what would be hanging off the front of the truck on a SEHP setup (it had a dash mounted electric joystick)? The pump on the engine didn't look like anything I have seen previously, and I didn't notice any Fisher stickers etc.

What is this setup, and is it worthwhile to persue? The blade is rotted but the rest of the setup is in good shape and the price seems fair. I'm thinking of picking it up and getting some wings to get to a 8.6' in prep for my GMT800 (still not sure whether i'll go with the 1500HD crew cab short bed or 2500 extended cab)...

2. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Electric clutch/solenoid valve fisher set up,i believe they stopped making them in the mid-late 90's,i've seen a few,maybe a tight squeeze in some of todays engine compartments
  3. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

OK. I knew there was a version that had a clutch operated pump, but I thought it was still one assembly (pump/reservoir together).

I should have been more clear - my intention would likely be to try and sell off the underhood pump/reservoir assembly and replace with a Insta-act or SEHP out front.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'd still be able to reuse the controller (though the rest of the harness would not be usable and I'd have to sell the push plates). What he is asking is less than I normally see a set of push plates and MM1 upright (only) go for, so even though I won't be able to use everything, it still seems I'd be a little ahead but open to thoughts to make sure i'm not flubbing something...
  4. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

yep its fisher. thay used it late run just before the big swap to all sehp or newer insta act stuff.

i have a brand new pump and res just like it i am going to swap to my old speedcaster as my orignal speedcaster pump is getting a little weak i think. and i also wont have to pull the pumpmate bolt out anymore. i will just flip a switch to turn the power to the clutch off. Thumbs Up