1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

has anyone ever repaired an a frame?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by mass1589, Jan 19, 2013.

1. mass1589

mass1589 Senior Member
    from mass

i bought an xblade and A frame. when i attempted to mount it on the headgear i found the a frame is bent or twisted. the ears are slightly off by about an inch to an inch and half.

the main tube up front that has the pin attach the a frame tothe moldboard is slightly bent aswell.

has anyone ever had a problem like this and fixed it?
    is there anyone in mass that would fix something like this?
    i ask becuase i cant find one used new im looking at 500!!

any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

2. BigBoyPlowin

BigBoyPlowin Senior Member

I only have, use and have repaired BOSS plows but i had a worker tweak one...

They're not easy to bend back unless you have a HOT torch or a press.

EDIT: Wait this plow is NEW?
    Pics would help your situation a little.
  3. mass1589

mass1589 Senior Member
    from mass

no its not new....its slightly used...

ill try to get pics monday when im back at it....
  4. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

Of course it can be fixed. I had a meyer a-frame that I twisted on THREE axes. The simplest way to fix it is to cut v-notches into it on the OUTSIDE of every bend, bend back into place, and then weld solid. You can take that opportunity to reinforce it if you like.

You can also heat and twist back into shape, but this is also a more difficult setup. If this is the approach you want to take, you may be able to use the power angler. Angle it fully OPPOSITE to where it bent, torch BOTH sides of the a-frame until it is cherry red, and tap the angler until it straightens out.