1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Has anyone ever installed a beacon light on a skid steer?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by JaimeG, Feb 8, 2009.

1. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

I have a John Deere 325 that needs one, but it doesn't have a cigarette plug to plug on into. Is there another way I can install one?

2. bam

bam Senior Member
    from .

either hard wire it from the battery with a switch, or if you only need the light for the winter, go to napa and buy two alligator clips and a $3 cig outlet and wire that to the battery.

Adding an inline fuse is probably a good idea as well.

3. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

going to install one today will bring the cam

4. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

post some pics soon!

5. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

the price deere gets and they don't have a $2 cig lighter?? my came std in my gehl

6. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

I got mine used, and its like a 2005-2006 they probably didn't have that available back then.

7. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

I'm not sure mine is a 2004 i looked at deere at that time and they thought there icecream was gold nice machine alot of nice features but alot of add ons that i got std that they wanted more $$ for don't know if a cif was option or not back then. but it's really not that comlicated to do radio shack has them they are cheap enough just tap off the battery put an in line fuse to a swtich if you want then put your plug there

8. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

I think I'll try that one day, but let's see how kitn1mcc does it first.

9. nhpatriot

nhpatriot Senior Member

I would check with the dealer. When I decided to wire one on my New Holland, it turned out that there was pre-wiring already in place in the cab. Does your cab have a dummy cover over a hole for a switch already? It might be worth asking....

10. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

11. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

12. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

i have done over 15...usually with a LED beacon....there is power all over in them...

13. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

How did you wire that cigarette plug?

14. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

I would either put a factory switch in the dash or just put a toggle in the dash

Keeps things neet and tidy that way

15. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

we got a switch from bob cat poped out a spot and wired it in

16. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

x2:drinkup::drinkup: