1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Has anyone bent the pintle reciever?

Discussion in 'SnowSport®' started by nickp, Jan 13, 2011.

1. nickp

nickp Junior Member

I have a older HD plow without the angle option. Has anyone bent the pintle reciever? If so where did you get a replacement?

2. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

Ummmm---what EXACTLY do you own here?That's almost like asking ''why won't my engine start?''

3. nickp

nickp Junior Member

It's part of the plow push frame, it is not a vehicle spacific item.

4. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

Any pics?
    Since its indescribable....

5. nickp

nickp Junior Member

Part number 10392

PD.jpg

PD.jpg

6. Plow man Foster

Last edited: Jan 14, 2011
  7. nickp

nickp Junior Member

I tried that, but the units that come with the plow have extra diagonal bracing. The one I got from the local trailer store twisted pretty easily!!!!

8. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

Northern Tool also.

9. Plow man Foster

Yupp that too!
    [​IMG]
    From northern tool for $40 http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200442408_200442408

Here's a nice and sturdy looking one off ebay but its $70 bucks you could save alot if you did this yourself http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Trai...5fRVQ5fTrailerQ5fCamperQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Or Weld some extra supports on it yourself

You might be able to call your local dealer for parts if you were in MI
    i would say call weingartz because i know they sell it and stock tons of parts... they may be able to even send one out to you just might take a while.... check ebay too!

10. nickp

nickp Junior Member

I called Argicover, that part is no longer available, just the angle receptor which is about $240.00.

I installed the curt 48324 and bent it first storm clearing in front of my mailbox. I was pushing the street mound with only about 1/4 of the blade on the drivers side and it bent the $$it out of the flat plate with the holes. I have to mount the push frame on the bottom 4 holes where there is virtually no support. I should also mention that I live in MASS and we just got a 21" dumping. This has been hands down the biggest test for the plow.

I just ordered a curt 48325 which has a rating of 15,000 lbs (the 48324 is rated at 10,000 lbs). My plan is to grind the extra support off of the original unit and pay some one to weld it onto the new one. The first quote I got is $100, which I think is a bit too steep. I'm going to bring it to another guy that I used to beef up my warn multi mount for my WJ Jeep. You can see why I was willing to pay for a replacement.

I also plan to attach ratchet straps (or something) from my tow hooks to the outermost edge of the push frame (on the bottom of the "goalpost") to privide more side to side support.

On another note:
    I did a winch "add on" modification which I have to say is pretty cool. It is great for stacking the pile and also for "missing curbs". If I'm not sure where the curb is I just raise it up a bit and push through the stuff the town l left at the end of the driveway.

11. Plow man Foster

Sounds nice you could have prob. used a better plow though!
    But 100 bucks is steep!! i say like 20 is about right prob. no more!
    Some scram steel/ metal Welded on takes prob like 5 min.-10min. tops for a good welder

12. nickp

nickp Junior Member

$100 is steep, especially when you conside there is no material costs, I'm going to supply him with everythig. I'll bet that tother guy I mentioned will do it for about $50.

The snowsport was really the only option for a 2002 Grand cherokee. Plus, I got it locally for $500 about 5 or 6 years ago from ebay. In addition to my driveway I have had a couple paying customers over the last 3 years, so It really doesn't owe me anything. This has been the first time I've had any problems. Nailing that curb really screwed me. That first pintle was pretty beefy. Whe I get the new one I'll see how much more bracing it has compared to my first replacement, which was a stock item for the local trailer supply guy.

It sure beats using a snow thrower!!

13. glennv

glennv Junior Member
    from RI

I have that original Snow Sport part and live in RI. Shoot me an email if you're still looking to buy one.