1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Has anybody used The Snow Grader yet?

Discussion in 'THE SNOWPLOW Snow Pushers / Shovel Discussion' started by trustyrusty, Dec 17, 2012.

1. trustyrusty

trustyrusty Senior Member

We started using The Snow Plow 30" pushers last year and love them. I have some really smooth walks on my route and I notice people driving by watching me because I just angle the pusher and literally run down the walk. It works just like a plow. (in light fluffy snow of course)

Now I see they came out with something called The Snow Grader. http://www.jmenterprises.com/THE-SNOWGRADER--Wheel-Pusher_c_9.html

It looks really cool and I think sometimes it would be a time saver for wider or longer walks, but I fear as soon as the snow becomes the slightest bit heavy it would just bunch up in front and become a PITA, in which case my fancy $89 snow grader would sit in the back of the truck while I used a cheaper smaller version.

Does anyone have first-hand experience with this device?

2. snowdom

snowdom Junior Member
    from Iowa

3. CENTRALIAPLOWER

CENTRALIAPLOWER Junior Member

Wheel grader

I bought one last yr but we had a very dry winter so i didnt use in but a handfull of times. They are very handy as long as the snow is light and not much more the 2-3" Any more the 3" it just bulldozes the snow and doesnt let the snow roll like it should. It doesnt work very well for wet heavy slushy snow much more the an 1" worth. As for the wheel grade in general it was well worth the money and a time saver when the situation is favorable to use it. Perhaps if they made one that was twice as tall it would accomidate more snow. Besides the few little set backs with it i love using this wheel pusher. Its well built and durable. Havent regreted the purchase yet!

4. gman2310

gman2310 Senior Member

My experience when they work they work good. Had one last year and decided to buy two more this year and they both broke after the second use.

5. plowzilla

plowzilla Senior Member

I love mine, but like the others said, the snow has to be light, not wet. Save a lot of time though when it works.

6. blizzardsnow

blizzardsnow Member

I've had mine for two seasons now and it has held up pretty well. I just broke one frame once, but you can order parts for them so I did not have to buy the whole thing new again. In the right conditions it saves a ton of time, I carry two shovels and try to use the snow grader whenever I can. Liked it so much I bought the sidewalk crew some to save time.