1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Has anybody used Herculiner bed liner kits?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Alan, Sep 14, 2001.

1. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

I'm posting this on all three truck brand forums, hoping to get some first ahnd inpressions of Herculiner do-it-yourself bedliner kits. I'm thinking that stuff would work good for coating the bed and headboard of the body I'm building for my S-10. But no point in trashing a hundred bucks if it's crappola either. Has anybody used it or have any knowledge of someone who has?
  2. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

Yes we have used a product like that however we got the NAPA brand.

In a pick up truck bed, it doesn't last forever. However we have used it on the floor of equipment or on the steps getting into a truck, and have had verry good luck.

3. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

Geoff hows the truck comming almost finished?
  4. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

Almost all of the steel has been replaced. Sandblasting will start Monday, with hope of painting by the end of the week.

5. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

I used it to do the floors of the cabs of my work trucks. Works great and I can literally hose the floor out.

DYNA PLOW Senior Member

ALAN, i have used that very same product in my enclosed trailer bed. it,s been down for 2yrs. now and still going strong. the key to this is to prep the steel or wood or whatever correctly. no dust or rust.
  7. pyro74

pyro74 Junior Member

Put the Herculiner in the bed on my 94, and also did the rockers. Stood up for about two years, needs a re-do. Don't get it on your hands, you'll be peeling it off for a week.
  8. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

I tried Herculiner a long time ago.

Did not like the results, I have bed sanblasted and used POR-15,

9. Team_Yamaha

Team_Yamaha Senior Member

I have part of the bed on my 99 done with Heculiner, the reason that I say part is because, only about half the bed still has it down. Most of it came up when I had to pick up 2 pallets of retaining wall blocks, and had them loaded on the back of the truck. Everything was fine until the fork lift operator brought the second pallet over pushed the first pallet to the front of the truck. Now all of the liner is gone on the top of the ribs in the bed. I just desided, screw it, it's a truck bed thats what its ment for, to get scrached and dented.
  10. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

That might be the reason between the $20 for the whole kid and 400-500 for a rino.
  11. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

I wonder if a second coat would be worth it?