1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Has Anybody Heard From Rob Aka 75v From Canada?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by sonjaab, Feb 5, 2003.

1. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

Haven"t seen Rob post in a long while......Met him at the
    BBQ in Poughkeepsie and he stopped at my place in the
    1000 Islands.....wondering...................geo

BTW; Wasn't he a moderator here ?

2. wyldman

wyldman Member

I've been quite curious too.I enjoyed a lot of his expertise,and the buildup of his new truck,but then he disappeared.I do believe he is still listed as a moderator here.

Maybe he's just been too busy with all that northern snow,and spending all the money he's making plowing it.payup

3. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

I had that same thought,and too am woundering how his project truck is comming he stopped posting the pics of it.

4. DYNA PLOW

DYNA PLOW Senior Member

i've thought of him over the last several weeks too.. whats up rob? i haven't had much time in the last 5 days as wev'e had some good snow storms lately, but now that we got our snow for the year i have time to visit plowsite again.
    dan

5. fordman

fordman Senior Member

I to was wondering the same thing. I figured he was just to busy with his project truck. He is still listed as a moderator on some of the forums.

6. mulchmonkey2000

mulchmonkey2000 Senior Member

I'ld like to see some pics of that project truck he had. It sounded like it was turning out real nice.:waving:

7. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

now that you bring it up, it has been awhile since he has posted. he used to be a real avid poster. i wonder what gives?:confused:

8. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

He has been around not much for sure, really miss him.

Rick

9. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

C'mon guys, what is the ONE thing that makes a guy stop talking to all his friends?

A WOMAN! (No offense Rob ;) )

I spoke to Rob about a month or so ago, and he told me he is getting married. He said he was hardly spending any time at all online, and if I wanted to remove him as Moderator he would understand. I told him he will remain a Moderator. I figure once the courtship is over, he will be back in full force, LOL.

So if you are reading this, congrats Rob!

~Chuck

10. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

Being winter in Cananda, I guess Rob got his truck done, and needs another project! (just kidding Rob).

Congrats!!!

Rick

11. fordman

fordman Senior Member

Congrats Rob.:drinkup:

12. A.L. Inc.

A.L. Inc. Member

Hey 75, Congrats! You know what they say-engagement ring, wedding ring, suffer ring!:D

13. sonjaab

GUYS....Just wondering....He was supposed to have
    his Harley finished and come to my motel and stay
    this summer in Alexandria Bay NY. Just across the
    1000 Islands bridge. We were supposed to get our
    "knees in the breeze". I got his phone # around
    here somewhere.....Thanks.......................geo

14. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

geo, I know he got the Harley running but he had major problems with it. Long story short, he fixed it himself, after he paid someone else to build the bike. The guy screwed him, and vanished.

~Chuck

15. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

So that is what happened to the guy that built my brothers Harley 2 years ago and screwed him over. He left the country

16. sonjaab

BUMMER.........and my Triumph ran so good this
    year ! I didn't get to ride it once! Fractured right
    shoulder in June so no riding for me......
    But its getting a LOT of therapy......
    running that Cab command controller and shiftin from
    FR to Rev !.........................geo

Last edited: Feb 6, 2003
  17. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Congratulations, Rob, if you see this. I'd met up with Rob two years ago at Poughkeepsie. He gave me a ride back to my motel (got turned around like several others). He was planning making it again last year but couldn't. I figured it was due to troubles with his bike, but now I wonder;) .

It's "pick on Rob day". Maybe this year he'll bring the bride along with the Molsons.

18. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

I'm alive! (and happy.......)

Yes, in a nutshell Chuck has it right - A woman! ;)

Actually, there have been quite a few changes all in a short time: In addition to getting married (Oct 18/2003 is the date) I've been doing the "Dad" thing - Jane has 2 boys. One is 8, the other 16. Last weekend I took them to the Science Centre in Toronto for the day - been busy with activities of that sort.

At work, I've made a switch from being out in the field all the time to managing the small shop we have in Barrie (2 fellows working in the shop fabbing, another 2 in the field most of the time) which has meant somewhat longer hours both at work and commuting since Barrie is 1/2 hour south of Orillia.

It's been an "average" winter here IMO, while the truck is not 100% complete I did get it usable in time for the Christmas parade and for plowing. It's been doing a good job pushing snow this season. Still to be completed? A lot of minor things like some interior parts and other "fiddly" jobs,as well as the deck. For now I have lights and fenders out back along with part of the rear portion of the deck and the ballast plate I made last year.

My computer time has been somewhat limited by both work schedule and dividing my time between 2 addresses - my place and (more of the time) hers. :) We WILL get settled into our own place eventually, then everything will be a lot easier.

As for the Harley, that's right- I DID get it built and had problems just the way Chuck described. :realmad: But spring is not too far off and I plan to put it in the Barrie motorcycle which takes place in mid-March. And the SIMA symposium in Buffalo is coming up too - just across the river from Canada! See you there, and "see" you on line some more in the future.

Great to hear from all of you! :drinkup:

19. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Hey 75 good to hear from you. Everyone knows that other parts of ones life takes priority. Glad to hear things are well. We look forward to seeing a few pics of that truck when you get a chance.

Drop in once and a while. We will keep the welcome mat out waiting for when you get a chance to come back more often.