1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Has anybody ever?

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by bln, Feb 2, 2013.

1. bln

bln Senior Member

Switched their plugs on their v-box saltdogg? Not with the manufacturer's plugs but with a different style? If so how did it work out?
  2. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

I dont own a saltdog I have a swanson and I had to replace the plug I used the 7pin trailer plug
    pins on them never pull out like factory plug did
    Been running the trailer plugs for about 10 yrs with no problems
  3. 04ram1500

04ram1500 Member

I also used a trailer plug on my saltdogg, no problems and only one plug to disconnect. I don't know why Buyers doesn't use something like their plow harness connectors, seems like that would be a more simple idea.
  4. bln

bln Senior Member

Thanks for the info. guys. I had an electrical engineer wire it all up bypassing the horrible control box that Buyers provides. He asked me How I was going to controll the flow of salt, I said "drive speed." He got a kick out of that one.