1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Harry Homeowner with a plow...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by cheeseheadbob, Nov 4, 2011.

1. cheeseheadbob

cheeseheadbob Junior Member

Hey guys, great site and full of very helpful information. I have utilized the search function, so most of my complete noob and rudimentary questions have been answered. What I did not find is a review or if anyone has had experience with the Myers Home Plow 26000? Real quick. I have a '79 F-250 and am looking to clean up the mess in and around my driveway and then come to work where my buddy owns the building, and plow the lot. The parking lot is approximately 1.6 acres. Since I am not getting into the "business", I was thinking this plow along with a Salt Dogg spreader would be a good set up. Thanks is advance for your help. -Bob

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

LIttle info on the Home Pro. Sears, Home Depot are selling them but I would not think about installing one on a 250 truck. I have my doubts they would hold up very long.

3. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Think you would be better finding a used setup.

4. cheeseheadbob

cheeseheadbob Junior Member

Thanks for your input. Are you referring to the plow set up or the spreader or both? I have already purchased a used spreader pretty cheap. I am willing to spend some extra money for a more industrial type plow if that is what it is going to take.

5. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Even if it is an old Meyers' EZ classic setup you will be better off than the home pro. Plow setups can be found around here for $1000 then you just need the proper mount. Now these will be not as nice looking as a new plow but no where near the price. Think you will be much happier with a full size plow.