1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Harness Questions....B&B has the answer

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Doakster, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

So B&B...I went to price out the harness that you and I had discussed in this thread.

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=64773

Specifically as you mentioned GM Pecular Light Kit 8437-1 comes with the green 4 port Iso module.

When I went to the local dealer they stated it did not and the module had to be ordered seperately. They quoted me at 204.38 for the 8437-1 and $236 for the module.

Any help on this one. I need to order these but don't want to spend the extra 236 if I don't have to.

Also I'd rather order from a dealer off here.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2008
  2. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

Id recommend looking on eBay for the module and harnesses, itd be way cheaper. A few years back, i picked up a module for 60 bucks on eBay, and usually i see light harnesses go for about 100 dollars there. Id say the prices they gave you are correct for a dealer. Iso modules usually are upwards of 200 at the dealer.

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The Iso used to come in the 4 port light system kits. Been a while since I purchased a complete 4 port kit as I normally use the 3 port Iso's when buying a complete system since you can run a 3 port on anything, isn't the same case with the 4 ports.

The 3 port systems never did come with the Iso's, possibly the 4 ports are following suite. :confused:

Here's a 4 port kit with the Iso included for example..[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 22, 2008
  4. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

Well shoot... now it looks like i have to spend a little more money.

I also go more mixed messages.

I was told that an 02 GMC would take a yellow module but I don't really believe that for a minute since every dealer I've been to has said green as well as everyone on here.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The yellow's are the old (obslolete) Iso's.

6. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

Wish I could have told the know it all guy on the phone who sells a lot of used fishers that.

What obsolete about them...has fisher just replace them with the green module?

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It's just standardization I suppose. The less the better.

8. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

So lets see.. I called Fisher today and they stated 8437-1 does in fact come with the module and the wiring for a GM and is in fact sold together. This is a 4 port module and they are still manufacturing them and you can still get them together with 8437-1 but leaning more toward the 3 port module. The 3 port modules are now sold completely separately. This is all directly from Fisher Tech support.

And on the yellow module..fisher stopped making it in 02 when GM changed a relay on the head lights in 03...so you'll be hard pressed to find a yellow module.

And on top of all that I called the dealer back and talked to the SAME person over the phone and now he stated 8437-1 is sold with wiring and a module.

I seriously hate it when you can't get a correct answer.

So I'll be headed to the dealer and stating "Give me a 8437-1, don't ask me what it's going on, just give me the kit" The cost is 204.38 pretty good for module and wiring.

Now it's time to do the install on my bosses truck

9. ticki2

ticki2 Senior Member
    from NH

Sounds like you might try another dealer or at least another parts guy. Also keep in mind that the kit is not all the wiring you need truck side. I don't think it includes the vehicle control harness , the vehicle battery cables , the relay or the controler . Good luck , Im looking to do the same for an '03.

10. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

I have all the other needed parts you mentioned off another harness I have. Usually the dealer I have been talking to is very good, and they are usually the cheapest in Maine.

11. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Good to know for sure that it still includes the Iso. Like I mentioned I haven't purchased a 4 port light kit in a while (6 months in fact) as I prefer the 3 port setups. More compact and in some case required on the late model stuff anyway.

12. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

The fisher tech actually told me the part I needed to convert it to a 3 port.. But I expect that would be more expensive so I'll stick with the 4 port. I didn't even want to price out the 3 port module.. the wiring and another connector he mentioned since those are all separate and I'm sure more expensive.