1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Harness question

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by glenn L78, Oct 8, 2011.

1. glenn L78

glenn L78 Junior Member

I have everything on my f150 from a HTS plow, I want to go to a mid weight Only have 2 plugs on my harness and mid weight has 3 Can I add to this or do I need a whole harness
    help?

2. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

The midweight is a three wire system with a power relay whereas the HTS is a two wire multiplex. On the multiplex the control signal is sent through the power plug on a single pair of smal wires like a radio. The three wire has a seperate cable for the control signals and they are simple, non-radio 12 volt on/off circuits. You will only need to buy a power relay and a new control wire. Actually all the wires and the relay come with the plow if it is new. It will also come with a new power cable but you don't need it. You can use the HTS power cable, you just don't connect the small plug (that was the multiplex com wire). You will; however, also need a new handheld or joystick controller as the HTS controller is not compatible.

Too bad you couldn't wait until next year because Western is introducing a series of larger multiplex straight blades. If you could wait another year then you wouldn't need to make any changes to the truck at all. As it is there are only three multiplex plows, HTS, MVP plus and the Wide-out. All three will plug right into your truck and work but unfortunately your F150 is too light to handle the V or Wide-out.

Hope that helps....:drinkup:

Last edited: Oct 9, 2011
  3. glenn L78

glenn L78 Junior Member

harness

Thanks,, thats reasonable,I just didnt want to buy a whole new harness,you have been much help Thanks, again

4. glenn L78

glenn L78 Junior Member

My dealer told me i need to buy a power cable?they do have different plugs

5. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

They are different but you can use the HTS power cable and save some money. The only difference is two small pins in the black rubber grill plug. If you look at the other cable it has the same two holes but just has no pins in them. On the other end (inside the eng compartment) there is also a small plug on the HTS but you can just leave it dangle. Technically they are two different part numbers but you can probably save 50$.