1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Harness question with new V harness

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by snowdays, Nov 13, 2011.

1. snowdays

snowdays Senior Member
    from Ohio

I am helping a friend installing his new V plow. It has the updated harness with the round plug and the V68 pump. In the harness out in the engine compartment there is an orange wire to go to both of the Night Saber modules. My question is there is no orange inside the cab to hook up to the switch. Do they automatically switch when the plow is plugged in?

2. jkski

jkski Member

Mine automatically switches when the plow is plugged in and the controller is turned on.

3. muffy189

muffy189 Senior Member

mine isnt a v plow but i have the hand held controller and when i turn the controler on the lights switch.

4. SkiJohnnyB

SkiJohnnyB Member

If you look at all the various sets of install instructions there are 3 or 4 wiring diagrams...lay them all out and you should be able to figure it out. I will check when I get home tomorrow. Iirc there are 2 Orange wires...one from each light...can not remember what they tie to

5. SkiJohnnyB

SkiJohnnyB Member

My Orange wire goes to switched 12 v power in the cab....if you use the switch provided, it goes to the center connector and the 12v keyed power goes to the bottom connector and ground to the top one....there is a diagram on the side of the switch, too.

6. snowdays

snowdays Senior Member
    from Ohio

I figured it out. They do switch between truck and plow lights with the plow plugged in and the controller turned off and on. Pretty slick that they eliminated the need to run more wires for a switch.