1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Harness plugs questions

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by dss56, Jan 21, 2014.

1. dss56

dss56 Senior Member

I have a 7.5 fisher MM 2 with 3 plugs. Does Fisher just sell the plugs or someone sell the plugs or do you have to buy the complete harness?

Would anyone know the harness # for fisher part# its a MM2 3 plug 4 years old 7.5 straight blade

Just where the wire goes into the molded plugs the wires are exposed just the colored wires are showing no bare copper wire. I was hoping to just replace the plugs.

any info appreciated.

thanks

Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
  2. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

Start by wrapping some black electrical tape around the exposed wire area, then get a 5 inch piece of heater hose and slice it through diagonally, place it around the wiring like a wire loom and then but it up to the plug and wrap electrical tape all around it taping it to the plug also, it will act as a nice handle and will not allow the harness to bend at that crucial spot at the base of the plug.

3. dss56

dss56 Senior Member

When the weather calms down a bit I will try something like that. Might do the rubber hose then shoot some black rtv inside to make it better then wrap with tape.

I see they sell plug replacements on ebay where you cut the plug off and re-splice on a new one. I will have to see if it is the plow side or truck side in the morning/after this storm.

thanks

4. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

You can buy a repair end for the truck side three pin control harness, it'll cost you at least $50. If your wires are good why waste the money? Do the heater hose trick, in reality everyone should do it before the harness loom starts coming apart at the plug. This then creates a weak flex spot where the plastic wire jackets can become brittle in the cold and crack .