1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Harness not working properly?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by JohnnyU, Nov 19, 2007.

1. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

I just installed the control harness on my 04 Dodge Ram, when I turn the controller on, the little red light comes on. When I activate a function, up/down/left/right, the red light goes out and nothing happens.

I've installed several plows and dont remember this ever happening, but its been several years since I've messed with them. So what's going on here, all the fuses are good, but it doesnt seem to work. I checked all the connections, they are just how they are described in the installation manual.
    :confused:

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Two things that come to mind..

Either the controller is defective (not at all uncommon if it's a hand held :nod:)

Or, the control harness is searching for ground..do you have the small gage ground wire run from the small post on the under hood solenoid directly to the neg side of the battery? If it doesn't have one, add it.