1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hardwire plow lights??????

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Iowalawn, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Iowalawn

Iowalawn Member
    from Iowa

ok I have a 2008 Dodge 2500 and a used western ULTRA MOUNT 2 Plug plow. here is my problem... The truck it came off of is a relay set up. I do not want to spend the cash on a ISO Mod for a Stright blade bc i want to put a v plow on it next year. is there a way to hook The lights of the 2 plug Ultra Mount right to the battery so i have lights on the plow? I do not care about the running and turn bc i have them on the truck. Then i can run with my marker lights on. THANKS

2. StathemLawncare

StathemLawncare Member

i think i would make do, The year is pretty well done. Can you get by for now. If you hook it to your battery you need to run it to a switch in the truck. Just a toggle or some sort.

3. Iowalawn

Iowalawn Member
    from Iowa

What Wire is your low beam? Is it already Ground or do you need a ground to?

4. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Just run the DRL wire to an ignition hot, that way they're always on. Then you just run your parks on the truck at night.

5. Iowalawn

Iowalawn Member
    from Iowa

I took all the head light harness from the main harness...Just to much there... so i just ran the main harness...

6. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Well then, no offense, but running plow headlights with absolutely no truck side headlight harness isn't going to be the easiest or wisest. The 3 plug and 2 plug harnesses are different, 11 pin vs 9 pin and the tabs are staggered on 11 and parallel on the 9. You'll at least have to get a splice in truckside 11 pin plug and figure out the wires from there. I'd still run it through a relay though if I were you. Lastly, yes, you'll still have to ground them.

7. Iowalawn

Iowalawn Member
    from Iowa

k Thanks for the help.... Thanks again.