1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hardware store closing

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Fiafighterdude, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

Stuff for sale @ the Friendship Village Hardware in Friendship Maine

if you see any thing in the pics you want i cant get it for ya

4.jpg

DSCF6961.jpg

2.jpg

DSCF6958.jpg

DSCF6962.jpg

2. Fiafighterdude

from ME

in photo 3 we have a whole room of bolts and nuts and washer
    and in photo 5 theres a bunch of oil filters and photo 1 welding equipment and photo 2 a buch of wireing stuff and bulbs

1.jpg

3.jpg

DSCF6963.jpg

DSCF6960.jpg

DSCF6959.jpg

3. hobbyjeep

hobbyjeep Member

Hate to see these old corner hardware stores go out of business. One by me went out of business after 80 years in Keego Harbor, MI. Tim Allen use to talk about it on "Tool Time". I remember being a teenager buying nuts and bolts there for my first jeep (1947 CJ2A).

good luck with the sale.

4. John Mac

John Mac Senior Member

how much for all the fasteners and racking in one package.

5. Fiafighterdude

from ME

ya it sucks beacuse i grew in the store i would hang out there all the time

6. Fiafighterdude

from ME

it suck beacuse now you have to spend $10 in gas to drive out of town to get a $2 screw

but no one would pay there bills and there for we could not buy any more stock and re stock

7. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

Did you own it or work there?

8. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

A locally owned hardware store down the street is so expensive, I can't believe they haven't closed. Some common bolts are over one dollar. Their customer service is so annoying. They will chase you around the store and when you agree to let them help you, they don't understand what you need. I haven't been there in a few years. I go to Lowes or Tractor Supply. It's too bad, because I like mom and pop shops better in general.

9. hobbyjeep

hobbyjeep Member

If Home Depot didn't have it, they would send customers to local hardware since they had almost anything you wanted, but maybe only one brand or model. They were a little pricey, but I guess you can't make a living off just left over sales. Our local Home Depot was real good in helping years ago, now I swear everytime I need to load heavy lumber, they hide and only show up to ask if I need help loading the last few boards. Really fries me...

10. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Best of luck with the sale. Man I wish I was local, I'd prolly clean out half the store for you.

11. Ducke

Ducke Member

Live from the Duck Pond

"They will chase you around the store" that's not chasing you that's called customer service something the big box stores know nothing of.

"hardware store down the street is so expensive," That's because they offer a high quality product at a reasonable price and they pay their staff a decent wage.

"Their customer service is so annoying." this is due to the Fact that the big box stores have brain washed us to think we don't need any help.

"when you agree to let them help you, they don't understand what you need " only because their honest with you not like the box stores that will either pass you off to someone else or just lie and give you something you really don't need.

12. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Well said Ducke, especially #4.

13. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I guess I touched a nerve Ducke. Good points though and I can't say that I completely disagree with you in general. I used to work at a family owned hardware store in town when I was in high school. Customers were offered friendly help and if they said they were fine, we didn't continue to haunt them. Maybe I'm the only one in the world, but I like being left alone when I shop, unless I have a question. I don't like having somebody over my shoulder the entire time I'm there. As far as quality products, they are the same brand as anywhere else. Hillman and National hardware is the same everywhere. A DeWalt drill is a DeWalt drill and a Masterlock is a Masterlock. I'm not paying a dollar for one bolt when I can get several somewhere else for the same price. I realize that doesn't help the little guy, but it comes down to my money, sorry. My locally family owned NAPA is awesome. It's kind of old looking and has a cool charm to it. It's the same guy in there everyday, he knows his stuff and priced excellent. He gets my business before anybody else, unless he can't help for some reason (which is almost never).

Last edited: Dec 31, 2008
  14. Nascar Fan

Nascar Fan Senior Member

Two questions,how much for the filters?How much for the racks of nuts,bolts(hardware).I am interested in the filters and the hardware as a friend of mine has his own farm.I could use those filters--I am almost sure I see the direct replacement oil filters to a couple of) his 2+2's.

15. Fiafighterdude

from ME

my grandfather owns it and my ant ran it and i work there

16. Fiafighterdude

from ME

were not like that at all we may be a few pennies more but the closest lowes and home depot store in 15-20 miles away

17. Fiafighterdude

from ME

True true true

18. Fiafighterdude

from ME

all of the oil filters?

19. Ford445

Ford445 Senior Member
    from Vermont

I saw that you have some Napa butt connectors. Do you have any crimp and shrink connectors?

20. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

Friendship?

A buddy of mine is there in Friendship "Pete Bulkeley" down on Back River Lane. I spent many a day up that way a few years ago. Almost moved there myself (It was either the ocean or the Mts.).
    Sorry to hear your store is closing...Best of luck to the family.