1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Harder Electra Spread

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by lilweeds, Nov 23, 2008.

1. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Does anyone have one of these old v-boxes? I need some help repairing one and could use some pics of the back end of the unit.
  2. MikesLawns

MikesLawns Member

Go to Smithspreader.com the took over Harder. You'll see info on the website. Your most likely is a 86-91. I'll get the number for you. They are in Newark NY and the guy John is very helpful. He said they still have all the parts for them. Have you used this yet ? I had one years ago and it didn't work that great. This new one I just picked up seems newer an I'm going to try it as a back up this year. Let me know and I'll get you that number or it's on the website.
  3. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Yes I knew it was Smith. I finally figured out were we went wrong. We didn't make the belt cover large enough to compensate for the heavier material in the back. The one guy I talked to loves his. We'll see how it works soon.