1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

hard to find

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by chev4life, Jul 17, 2003.

1. chev4life

chev4life Junior Member

hey all i recently sold my 68 chev so now im looking at a 71 gmc with the 350 invader 2barrel carb and i was wondering what the horsepower rating would be and what kind of trnny it would have my friend thinks its either a turbo 350 or a powerglide and i cant find anything about it on the net. i was also wonder if it would be possible to make it a short box? thanx.

2. wyldman

wyldman Member

Only listing I for a 71 350 2bbl is a car application.Rating is 165 HP,265 Torque.Don't know for sure if the truck motor is different.

Tranny could be a powerglide (2 spd),or a TH350 (3 spd).

You can take a longbox,and shorten the frame to accept a shortbox.Good luck finding a good box though,they are pretty rare.

3. chev4life

chev4life Junior Member

well thanx again man yeha i figured the hardest part would be to find a short box but i could use a newer short box couldnt i?

4. wyldman

wyldman Member

You could use a newer short box,but it ain't gonna look right.The body lines are totally different with the newer trucks.

5. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

I saw a 67 - 72 cab, with (and I don't know my later models well) with I am guessing a 93 bodystyle Z/71 step side bed. The body lines looked like a perfect match. I don't know if the cab or bed needed a body lift to line up with the other half, but it looked "right".

~Chuck

6. chev4life

chev4life Junior Member

thanx guys i have so many ideas of want i want to do its hard to choose i know i want a truck but i want a short box just becuz they are lighter and look sportier but a long box does have its uses so we ll see what i can do. once again thanx.