1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hard to believe its almost here again.Remembering last winter...

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by Oshkosh, Aug 16, 2008.

1. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

Just thinking about about all we have to do to get ready,and looking back at last winter....

TOJ 2-15-08 006.jpg

2. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

ah yes, how can i forget last winter.... :realmad:

[​IMG]

3. Enzo

Enzo Senior Member

Yeah I am going to agree with Dave on this one, last winter sucked hopefully we get more this year with all this rain we got.

4. Oshkosh

It wasn't like....

It wasn't like this everywhere? It was a blurr for us. Maybe it will balance out this year...

TOJ 2-15-08 009.jpg

3-24-08 015.jpg

2-12-08 008.jpg

5. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

awesome pics ussmileyflag

6. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

We got 150% of average snow last year. Although it was good from an income perspective, it wasn't so good in other ways. I lost one customer mid-season simply because she couldn't afford the plowing bills. Although she really didn't want to, she had her brother-in-law push snow with his garden tractor. I know she didn't cause he'd moved next door to her two years earlier and had wanted her to let me go and have him plow from the start. I'm also still getting monthly payments from two people for last winter's plowing. I'd really rather just plow 2-3 times a month rather than 2-3 times a week. But if it snows like it's been raining, I'll be out every day.

7. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

HAHAHA........dont worry this winter is all for us! I cant wait, nice pics oshkosh! How much snow did you guys end up with for the year?

Thanks, Tim:waving:

8. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Ya, last winter was just great.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    You can't see the bent truck frame in those pics either.

9. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Dont worry Mark thats all behind you now, time to start pushing some snow this year! Did you find a guy to work for yet?

10. Oshkosh

Theres always that side of things...

Don't worry it wasn't all roses for us either...
    We blew a rear end,One truck is pushing a quart and hour of oil threw the engine,Another the main computer switch box went bad and rear main seal,The grader had/has several issues and they all still do have many issues as our boss isn't one for getting anything fixed...Just patched together so far.......
    We cant get our equipment in the shop with gear on so we work outside most of the time.
    From what I have been told we ended up some where around 160"+ of snow.Which was big for us but there was more in Northern Maine.I think they still have snow on the ground up there.lol

Jackson pushing back 2-21-08 001.jpg

1-14-08 001.jpg

11. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Ya, I'm working for a guy now. I started about midway through last winter with him. Real nice guy, I enjoy working for him. Hopefully this winter is much better.

12. Caveman

Caveman Junior Member

What would you guys recomend for plowing 20 miles of gravel logging road I am sure a pick up truck will not work. Thinking large 4x4 heavy truck or tandem gravel truck with large plow and maybe a wing.

13. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

14. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Wow thats alot of snow, you were prob plowing like everyday!!!!:rolleyes:
    Good to hear Mark....good luck!:waving:

15. weeman97

weeman97 Senior Member

mark why didnt u ask eric to plow w/ us! heck i make the 20-30mi hike to DO WORK its so worth it. only crappy thing is drivin home tired as hell...but i'm sure eric would let me sleep at the shop

16. Oshkosh

We where out every other day starting in Dec(15 days alone)......It just kept hitting us...We ended up with something around 350 hours O.T. that with only one all nighter....
    It was a long blurr of a winter.....

17. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

Last year we sure did get dumped on in the north east. Unfortunately I missed mid February and all of March being in Alabama for work, I missed all the months of the big snow. Now that made me agree!!

18. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Wow man, im sure you guys love the O.T.! Do you ever remember that much snow before?

19. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

winter cannot come soon enough im so sick of mowing lawns.

20. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

DONT KNOW IF ANYONE ELSE SEEN IT BUT IT SNOWED IN COLORADO ON THURSDAY AND FRIDAY THIS PAST WEEK ONE OF THE EARLIEST SNOWS ON RECORD :eek:HOPEFULLY ITS A SIGN OF A GOOD WINTER COMING:D:drinkup: