1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hard stop during left angle

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by MarkEagleUSA, Sep 16, 2010.

1. MarkEagleUSA

MarkEagleUSA Senior Member

I just picked up a used (3 yrs old - used only 1st season) UltraMount with a 7-6 Standard blade. Everything is fine except for the blade paint and this angling problem. Whenever the blade is angled to the left it stops hard when the control is released. By hard I mean it's a serious thump that literally shakes the truck. When angling right the stop is nice and smooth and can almost not even be felt.

I've tried adjusting the crossover valves but that doesn't seem to help anything. Can someone point me in the right direction here?
  2. MarkEagleUSA

MarkEagleUSA Senior Member

An update...

Turns out the problem is the controller. I just got a new handheld control and the plow functions very smooth in all directions. The old joystick seems to be causing the hard stops.