1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

hard shift from 1st-2nd

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by icebladez, Aug 27, 2005.

1. icebladez

icebladez Member
    from sask

Hi.. :waving: totally new to forum...and love it & still absording all topics!!..does anyone think my transmission is aged and near done or is hard shifting in a automatic 1988 cheyenne .5ton kinda a normal thing with higher than normal miles? i actually let off the throttle a bit just before it shifts to ease its jolt.

2. Mowerpan

Mowerpan Senior Member

Usually a hard shift is not a sign of a worn out transmissions, slipping or very soft unsure shifts are.

Is this a new (to you)truck? My dad's work truck(1989 2500 truck) has a 3 speed and those shift very hard stock, that's how they are. If it's a new to you truck I won't worry one bit about it, usually hard firm shifts are whats desireable.

3. icebladez

icebladez Member
    from sask

THANK-YOU!!..a sighed relief follows!..ya it's a new purchase that i made for $700 earlier this year..never would have thought "hard" shifting was a healthy sign..thanks Mowerpan!!!