1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hard Luck Story

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by NoSnow, Mar 19, 2003.

1. NoSnow

NoSnow Member

We are getting biggest storm since 97 and the metro area is shut down.
    On yesterdays news they were showing roofs that had collapsed, several at gas stations. Well one of them had a customer at the time, a truck, the guy wasn't hurt. So when they show the front view of the truck-it was a plow truck.
    Its been real lean for snow removal for several years here, this is the first real money maker. So even though he's lucky to be alive you got to feel bad for the guy, insurance deductible, lost income, disappointed customers.

BTW-don't know who it was, just pictures, no interview.

2. Acorn

Acorn Senior Member

get some pics of the storm if you can

3. NoSnow

NoSnow Member

My patio
    was sitting outside in shorts & T on Sunday

2snowday1.jpg

4. NoSnow

NoSnow Member

6' drift on front porch

2snowday2.jpg

5. Grshppr

Grshppr Senior Member

:eek: :eek: :eek: That is a lot of snow! I've almost forgotten what the stuff looks like. Out here its spring cleanup time:)

6. NoSnow

NoSnow Member

We are on the north-east side of metro area-news says we have the least accumulation

2snowday3.jpg

7. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

Daaaammmmmmmmmmmnnn!!!

Thats a whole s***load of snow!!!!!!!

Good luck,

Good thing about the Denver area is that being a mile High, you will melt out a whole lot quicker than my area would with that much snow!!!!

8. long0

long0 Senior Member

Some pics from the Denver news

denver1.jpg

9. long0

long0 Senior Member

10. long0

long0 Senior Member

11. long0

long0 Senior Member

12. snowjoker

snowjoker Senior Member

I just seen on the news you guy's might get up to 6 more feet of snow:eek: i know you plow guy's would like some snow but i feel bad because that is too much unless you have a loader IMO . Good luck and be careful out there :drinkup:

13. Great pics.....Hey Snowjoker, Sure wish Lake Alice could get this much!

14. NoSnow

NoSnow Member

Bob V

I figured this was a wussy storm for you guys. We have family in Rochester, Victor, Fairport.

15. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

No Snow,

The joke here in the east in the snowbelt areas is a dusting can be from nothing to 6". Look out the window and be suprised. Was watching the radar yesterday and last night and it was neat to see the snow stop as it was hitting the great divide.

Howard in Leadville said 6" there but the Plow Babe was seeing over 2'. Hope you enjoy cleaning out. Now you know how Buffalo felt in the storm last year.

Thanks for the picts Guys. LongO don't think the car is going anywhere for a few days.

Jerre

16. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

17. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

I saw that same pic on Pirate4x4 , bunch o' snow