1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hard luck pic/plow truck smooshed

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by chtucker, Mar 25, 2003.

1. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

Here is the best photo of the guy's truck I saw...

p3220014.jpg

2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

holy crap. that absolutely stinks. whats the story behind it?

3. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

One of the plow trucks that got crushed when a gas station canopy collapsed in Denver from the 3' of snow. First real snow storm of the season and the guy loses his truck...

4. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

he wouldnt have gotten too far on that cutting edge anyways:rolleyes:

~Nate~

5. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

[​IMG] thats makes me mad to see a Ford out of commission. I hope he gets it fixed soon.

Jay

6. Wesley's Lawn

Wesley's Lawn Senior Member

I dont think thats too fixable. That has got to suck for him poor guy.

7. Brickman

Brickman Senior Member

Its called insurance and I have no doubt that he already has a new one in his drive way. Big waste of a good truck.

8. Got Grass?

Got Grass? Senior Member

If the poor guy bought a Chevy he wouldnt have hit the support beam last storm.

9. landman

landman Senior Member
    from NJ

I just snapped some pictures of one of our trucks, a GMC 6500 our driver left the PTO engaged while driving down the road and the dump body raised itself up and hit a railroad bridge and ripped the body off the chasis, twistwed the frame of the truck, jammed the driveshaft into the trans and busted the the trans out of the truck as well as ripping the motor off of the mounts and smashing the oil pan and ripping it open. Police tow was around $1,200.00. will post pics as soon as i figure out how to do it.

10. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

landman, I had that happen on my old White dump, except I got away with it. My PTO is cable actuated and the cable had stuck. The knob was down, but the PTO didn't release. I was hauling from site to site, about a mile apart and discovered the body up en route to the loader. I held my breath on the return trip not knowing what I would find, but all wires were intact.

I think that Ford is probably repairable. Looks to me that only the cab and hood took the hit, repair costs have to be 50% or more before the truck is totaled, and I'll bet that's a $40,000 truck. Any body men here for an opinion?

11. sno-mover

sno-mover Senior Member

Pelican, I work in my fathers body shop, and I would say that is not totaled. Most insurence companies will total a vehicle closer to 80%, but I have seen some go at 50%, I would say that is hit for 8-10 grand. :waving:

12. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

Yeah they build those canopies, so we customers don't get wet filling our tanks.....

I remember as a kid working in a full service gas station....

No Canopy, and barely a raincoat for us to pump gas.

We used to close off the farthest islands so the cars would pull up close to the station during rain.

The oil company's insurance should cover it even though its an Act of nature.

13. mike9497

mike9497 Senior Member

looks okay to me just a crushed cab no big deal very fixable.doors look good just the cab itself might have to be replaced/repaired

14. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Now that picture is a perfect example of why Ford stands for Fix Or Repair Daily and Found On Road Dead, hahaha. Just kidding fellas. Funny how the sign says ROCK. Can ya smell what the ROCK is cookin??? :D Mike

15. windmill

windmill Senior Member

Looks like a Ford caught between a ROCK and a hard place. The station aught to be sued as it doesn't look like it has any "hardhat area" signs.
    If it had been a CHEV/GMC would the damage have been the same? Hmmmm

16. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo it woulda been worse. The little boy and his bowtie cant stand up as well as the BIG blue oval ;)

Jay

17. phillyplowking1

phillyplowking1 Senior Member

Landman that happen to my old mack tri-axle the driver left the pto on with a load of concrete and it filpped on I-95 in centercity
    Philadelphia.