1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Happy with your fisher poly caster sander

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by capecodkenny, Jan 7, 2010.

1. capecodkenny

capecodkenny Junior Member
    from capecod

I'm in the market for a sander/spreader i've seen the fisher polycaster any feed back. vehicle is 2003 chevy 2500 HD w/8' fisher HD plow short bed. sander is 7' fisher 1.5 cu yard. any feed back as to how well they work?

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I'm starting my third season with my first gen PolyCaster. The one motor/rubber belt system. Very pleased with it, I'm guessing I have put an easy 100 ton through it, if not more. The newer units have some improvements. Steel bed chain, separate spinner motor, larger capacity. There are a couple guys here having some issues with them, do some searches and browse the Fisher, Western, Blizzard, and Ice Management forums.

The Western Tornado, Fisher PolyCaster, and Blizzard Ice Chaser are all the same unit.

I personally would rather have a stainless steel spreader rather than poly for the ability to repair the hopper.

3. capecodkenny

capecodkenny Junior Member
    from capecod

sounds like your happy.thanks for the input it all helps. kenny

4. D DRUMS LLC

D DRUMS LLC Junior Member

I cant justify paying that amount of money for plastic. It seems to me you get way more for your money buying a stainless steal sander with a gas motor. I know ther are pros. And cons . But look at how they are made.put the two next to each other and see what you get for your money.

5. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

Is this meant to scare all the kids away or somethin'? Eh, 2COR?

6. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

It's just to let guys know they can shop for price and/or color......