1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

happy holidays!!!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by rfed32, Dec 6, 2007.

1. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

saw a guy with a wreaths on the front of his truck last year and always wanted to do it...so i bought 2 today...one is without lights the one on the truck but the other one has lights im jst figurin out how to hook the lights up to the truck over the next couple weeks...figure ill throw a switch in the cab and have a 2way conecter commin out the grill then i can hid it in the summer months...what do u guys think of the truck and or the idea

HPIM0171.jpg

2. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

Well isn't that just MERRY and BRIGHT! Looks good, be careful with the colored lights. Back in school a kid had a tree with lights in the bed of his truck and got razed by the local cops for the lights.

3. chs1993

chs1993 Senior Member

I'd just buy a set with batteries sounds the quickest and easy?

4. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

LOL, my dad has a metal christmas tree with lights mounted on a pallet he used to put in his truck, amazing how many people would stop and ask about it.

5. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

thats a real good idea i didnt think about that...thanks

how big was this tree...and did he have the lights hooked up and on when it was in his truck...

i was lookin at the pic and i like how u can see the bow tie thru the wreith...i did move it over so its centered after lookin at it for awhile....lol

6. aulen

aulen Junior Member

I'd use white lights (not red or blue [location dependent]) and just fun them to an inverter in the cab.

7. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

It was about 4 feet tall, it was a piece of pipe with 4 triangular pieces of steel mesh welded to it all painted green, he also had some metal ornatments and little metal candy canes. also had a star on top. He ran a extension cord into a power inverter in the truck. I think he did sometimes drive around with it lit up. That was a few years ago, I wish I had a picture of it it was pretty neat.