1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Happy Holiday to every one

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ih82plow, Dec 24, 2003.

1. ih82plow

ih82plow Senior Member

Its been real fun visiting this site.I am off to my dads house for christmas eve with my children.

My dad owned an excuvating company when I was young and used to go out plowing with him.When I was about 14 I guess is when I used to actually be left on alone on lots with a old dynahoe 200 (I think) to pile snow.
    Definatly before I got a licence I used to drive a b model mack 10 wheeler to do his big parking lots(any one remember montgomery ward) with a giant winged plow that only went up or down and it was real slow going up.I would do the long runs with the big truck and he would do all of the tight stuff with an old GMC pick up truck Anyways I grew up plowing with my dad sleeping in his truck when I got tired while he worked the night away.CB radios were all the rage and thats how we kept in touch.I remeber my cb handel was bumper bender and I forgot what his was.

I just wonder how many of you guys grew up as I did in a plow truck.I actually think how spoiled I am today plowing in a truck with heated seat a defroster that actually works and an automatic trans and cab comander to operate the plow.I remember having blister from the old push pull rods to operate the plows and then to having to reach under the steering wheel to get at them.Or trying to swing around that big steering wheel on the mack.Or having to remember where to keep my hands on the macks steering wheel so I case the front tire grabbed something I did not cut my left hand on the vent window when the steering wheel turned back and forth in the cab and I held on for dear life, All of his contract were 40 minute south of us so if I went out with him I stayed for the duration of the storm.I also remeber how scared I used to be having to drive the dynahoe from site to site telling my dad how I was scaired I woudnt be able to stop and him explaining that I was the biggest thing on the road and the other people and himself are the folks who should be scaired.And that any time I was on the move I should contact him so he would know not to cross path's with me and the dynahoe.You Know I would laugh so much I would no longer be scaired .This was a much different time.I would be flagged down by the cops to pull them out of a snow bank and then given a tip instead of a ticket for being under age or not regestered for the road correctly.

Anybody else please share a story I will see if I can borrow any of his photos to share

2. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

yeah happy holidays to you to i remeber b macks my friend still has 12 or so they are worked hard and run like a champ