1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Happy as hell i quit!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by GoSnow, Dec 28, 2007.

1. GoSnow

GoSnow Junior Member

I quit plowing this year.No longer need the $.Ye-ha!!!!Anybody else give it up?I'm a solo mowing operator full time 16 plus years.Ah the JOY!Again,anyone else call it quits?:redbounce

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I hate snow also. So while I'm hating it I might as well make money doing it!:D

3. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

Yep, me too
    not my favorite thing, but counting that green in the middle of winter when all it would be is outgo is a beautiful thing.

4. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Call me weird, But I enjoy plowing snow

Last edited: Dec 28, 2007
  5. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

this is my first year and so far i am loving it but when i start to get tired and stuff is breaking left and right it can be hell. i did enjoy plowing the other day when it was sunny out and i was plowing some nice big open lots with no cars in them.

6. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

i guess im addicted cuz i wouldnt give it up for anything. snow plowing is great:nod:payup

7. andrewlawnrangr

andrewlawnrangr Senior Member

i love it.. even tho it does come with its fair share of headaches. but when it snows the employes are happy and the subs are too..

payup

8. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

I hate the dings, dents, scrapes etc... the trucks get but love the money! And enjoy being out in the middle of the nite moving snow!

9. green frog

green frog Senior Member

I have to say I enjoy it. At what other job can you crank the stereo , drink coffee all shift, and smoke. The best part is no boss and most of the time no people.We also get cool fashing lights. Grandview if you get sick of it I will gladly take an account or 2.

10. dforbes

dforbes Senior Member

I also love plowing snow. This is one of my favorite seasons. Now the ice I could do without, but you won't here me complain.

11. mnormington

mnormington Senior Member

Truck driver.

12. STRONGARM

STRONGARM Senior Member

other than the break downs, employees, and customers it's great!:drinkup:

13. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I'm with these guys. LOVE IT!

14. DirtyJerzey

DirtyJerzey Senior Member

I love plowing snowing, its fun and a challenge, and of course pay time is the best. There is some headaches to deal with but once the snow is falling its all good in my book

15. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

The waiting around is what kills me. When it snows I'm happy. We do site checks starting between 4-5am every morning 7 days a week, so the noveltly wears off.

16. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

my whole goal in life is to make a ton of money over the other seasons then plow cuz i freakin want too. i love plowing its like cutting grass i get to ride around in circles and talk to myself except i have alot more ponys under the hood this time of year:salute:

17. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Don't get me wrong I like plowing when we get over a foot at one time .It's the small ones that I hate.I looked over the profiles of everyone who posted except for 2 I've been plowing longer than you guys have been alive!:D Having seasonal contracts you can see where I hate snow!:rolleyes:

18. gardenkeeper88

gardenkeeper88 Senior Member

I love it too. 13 yrs and not tired of it yet. Yes there are down sides but isn't there with anything, including not plowing lke no pay. Think about the winter extra dollars and the savings you have if you don't need it for bills.

19. L.I.Mike

L.I.Mike Senior Member

I enjoy it also. To me its the waiting that drives me nuts and wondering what will break.
    Plus the place I plow is fun to work with.

20. Smitty58

Smitty58 Senior Member

AHH! getting up in the middle of the night out of a nice warm bed to go out and freeze my tail off. Fighting snow and ice covered bags of salt. Dealing with all the idiots who park their car right in the middle of the parking lot. Beating up my truck. Waiting to get paid.
    Taking off days of work on my "real" job ,burning vacation days just to go plow.

I MUST BE AN IDIOT !! THAT'S IT I QUIT !!!

Ok calm down ,I can't quit I love this stuff. The quiteness of being out at night plowing a big white untouched parking lot. Seeing the faces of those that you plow their drive to help them out then just drive off (freebies). Getting paid pretty well to play in the snow. Justifying buying big boy toys to plow with.

I LOVE IT!!