1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

hanson snowblowers junk or no

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by nspa, Sep 15, 2005.

1. nspa

nspa Junior Member
    from Vermont

I need to know if the Hanson snowblower is worth the money. Or should I just stick to a plow.If anybody has any information, or stories please please let me know.
  2. Kirby ent

Kirby ent Member

I have no experience with Hanson but a 27 hp on a tractor would never do it.
    I have been working with a Hydro and snowblower company for a week now trying to figure out the perfect power plant for the bed of the truck to run the blower. It's going to cost more but the snow will fly and not at a crawl!
    If anyone has tried this before please chime in on the problems you encountered.
    I think I'm going with a Kubota V3300-E 68 HP @ 2600 RPM which will give the pump 64 HP @ 2300 RPM. This should give the pump 30 GPM at 3000 psi.
    And the skidsteer guys told me this is the FLOW you need!