1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

handheld controllers

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Keltic, Feb 13, 2007.

1. Keltic

Keltic Junior Member

Hi, I'm the owner of a new Western 8 1/2' MVP plow, really happy with it, works great. The problem is I'm on my third handheld controller, now it's acting up, seems the leads crack or break where they exit the plastic casing. Any having this problem with this or Fisher products? Seems the thousands spend on this equipment would warrent a sturdier controller. No abuse just normal use, it baffles me that such a good product would have such a cheaply made compontent. Any advice, I'm told the dealer will not replace this controller, any experience would help, Thanks FMK

2. MrBigStuff

MrBigStuff Senior Member
    from Boston

Handheld

I "grew up" using a hard mounted control stick and had a tough time getting used to my first FishStik. I used to let it float around on the seat and had to grope around for it. This also put strain on the wires from repetitive motion. I have since mounted the FishStik on the dash using the supplied mount and hook-and-loop fasteners. It's in finger distance from the wheel and it stays mounted in one spot. No movement=no strain on the wiring and it's easier to find :)