1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Handheld Controller Shorting Out

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Stripe This, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Stripe This

Stripe This Member
    from NJ

Just switched from a joystick to handheld controller on my GMC pickup. Worked fine until I got to the second house...when the controller was powered on, once I tried to raise, lower, or angle the blade...it would power off. There was a clicking noise on the handheld controller. Any ideas?

I thought the joystick was bad, so I swapped it with another handheld we had in another truck. Same story. I plugged in the old joystick controller and it worked like a charm.

That setup worked like a charm for about 8 hrs. Then I lost all controls to the blade....wouldn't raise, lower, or angle. Headlights on, joystick power on. Had to manually lift the blade and limp it back home. Any help would be greatly appreciated.