1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Handheld Controller question.

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by SuperdutyShane, Aug 28, 2009.

1. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

On the Western Handheld controller, it has the 4 buttons in the middle for Up, Down, and Angles. But there are another 4 red buttons in a diagonal line from the main buttons... What are those extra 4 for?

2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Last edited: Aug 28, 2009
  3. SuperdutyShane

Oh I see. So they have the same controller for straight blades that they do for vees? I could have figured that myself if I hadnt seen that those 4 extras were on a Western straight blade. Thanks Camden.

4. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

5. SuperdutyShane

6. KJ Cramer

KJ Cramer Senior Member

I think western screwed up there. Straight blades don't have the 4 round buttons, only the directional arrow buttons on the handheld.

7. SuperdutyShane

Oh alright, I thought maybe they had went to a one controller fits all sort of thing..

8. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

The v and wideout controllers won't work with straight blades.

9. #1 plowtech

#1 plowtech Senior Member

Let me get this corrected- The controller you are viewing is on the Western HTS snowplow. The buttons will be used for a security code. Yes a security code. On the HTS, it uses MULTI-PLEX wiring system.
    Let say you disconnect the plow and some other as_hole decides he like the plow more than you, he goes to hook up but the plow , but it wont function WITHOUT the SECURITY CODE. When you hook up, enter your code and ready to roll. Good luck, PT.

10. SuperdutyShane

Oh wow talk about security. Thanks for the information, didnt know about this.