1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hand Warmers and Chains

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by rockytop, Nov 26, 2010.

1. rockytop

rockytop Junior Member

I bought chains from dealer last year. I put on and they fell off. I know they make tighteners and such but does anyone have some ideas on making this set up bullet proof. I have 03 Foreman ES 450 w 52 inch blade.
    And which hand warmers are the best and where does one get them?

2. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

Go to an out door store like cabelas and they've got like 7 hour hand warmers.

3. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

for the tire chains jack the ATV up pull the core out of the valve stem. put the chains on the tire as tight as you can with the tire flat. air the tire up to your PSI that you like I run 10ish or so I think.

did this on my 02 Foreman and I have yet to lose a chain and I've done doughtnuts for 5min on Ice/snow packed drive's sping the heck out of the rear end using the chains to rip into the Ice/packed snow.

get grips that also have a thumb warmer system built in your thumb will thank you.

sublime out.
    pic of ATV and chains
    true V bars up front and the rear has some crappy reg car tire chains that I shorted to fit the ATV but for $5.00 I think I'm getting my $$$ worth.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 26, 2010
  4. rockytop

rockytop Junior Member

Awesome sublime. Best advice tx. Of course we have not had any, thats right any plowable snow in Denver this season at all. zero in October and November. Mountains are pounded w 1-2 feet per night it seems. Hey do you deice ? I want to use a turf sprayer and want some advice on other threads. Any thoughts? Nice Charger. The foreman looks just like mine, just w/o the snow.

5. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

rocky,

don't due the de ice stuff at all.

I just push da white stuff out of the way.

sublime out.