1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hand Remote Shuts off when plowing

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by bsuds, Feb 16, 2010.

1. bsuds

bsuds Senior Member

I have a Boss Super Duty with smart hitch 2 That I use for commercial services. When plowing this week my handheld remote started to malfunction, and shut off/lost power while under operation. I would have to set the red on/off switch all most half way on and off for the remote to work. This just started happening and I was wondering where I should look to fix this problem before the next storm comes in on Thursday. The remote has not been exposed to water or anything, so I don't know why it would malfunction for no reason. All help appreciated. :confused:

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If you have to get the switch "in the sweet spot" for it to reset as it sounds then I'd say the switch is defective. If it's a Smart Touch 2 controller you can replace just the switch itself for $15.00. Switch is p/n MSC09916

3. bsuds

bsuds Senior Member

:salute:Thanks B&B. Do you know if there is a place online where I can order a replacement switch for the smart hitch 2?

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

5. bsuds

bsuds Senior Member

Thanks B&B:drinkup: