1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hand held.....

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by artic429, Dec 23, 2008.

1. artic429

artic429 Senior Member

I have an older meyers plow that i got from a guy off of Craigslist. Great deal and all the parts work fine but it has the old style Up/Down toggle switch and the Left/Right toggle switch. Kinda a pain in the arse to do some serious plowing with with it but it is manageable. I was just wondering if i could get a hand held controller of something like that for this set up.? It just has 3 wires that plug into the pump and thats it. Ive been looking on some web sites but not getting what Im looking for to come up. I think I have a E-47 set up but not totally sure. Any suggestions would help out a bunch. If you need more info on the plow , You might have to walk me through the steps to find out what i have here for sure. Or as soon as I get out moving i can post a pic too..Thanks for any help in advance. :salute:

2. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

I have all three types of controls and the problem with the hand held or joystick is that you can only do one motion at a time the older toggle switch's can do 2 things at once.Like up and right angle at the same time. The hand held control is about 300 toggle switches are 15.My choice is the old toggle reliable and cost effective, You can get the harness for the handheld.

3. artic429

artic429 Senior Member

Guess when you put it that way,.... it doesnt sound to appealing to me anymore. Ill just have to mount the switches where i can get to them a bit easier.

4. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

Just like real estate location,location, location, my trucks that have the toggle's are on the console to the right of the driver they just lay there right hand down and there they are they love it.

5. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

all of my trucks with manual trans have the switches mounted to the shifter. as you shift, you lift or angle. very efficient.

all the auto trans trucks have the touch pads. i prefer the switches, but the trucks came with the touch pads, so untill they break, i will leave them in there

6. artic429

artic429 Senior Member

good to know that info..... you guys probably saved me some dough by not buying something that i wouldnt have liked. Ill have to move my switches a hair closer to the driver seat but i guess ill stay with the trusty switches. Cheaper and easier to work with.