1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hand Held Controller Problems

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Superior L & L, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

I got a call early today from one of our drivers. Every time or every other time he raised or turned or lowered the plow it would turn the controller off. I had him go back to the shop and unhook the plow control wire from the truck, blow any crap out and apply dielectric grease to it. (figuring possible water in it). He said it helped and now it only turns off every three or four times he hits a function. I did a search on here and someone had a different problem but everyone said most problems are ground issues. Do you guys think this is were i should start! thanks
  2. larold83

larold83 Senior Member

spray it out with w-d realy good then blow them out realy good repeat a couple of times and put some electricle grease on all the plug ins
  3. michdeere

michdeere Member

You'll probably find you need to replace the keypad and circuit board in the controller. Not an uncommon occurance. Not a cheap fix either, though...
  4. sonicblue2003

sonicblue2003 Senior Member

I would like to know the out come here. Mine did the same until it stopped altogether..