1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hand Held Controller Mounting

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Boast Enterpris, Oct 25, 2007.

1. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

I know we have had several threads over the years where we post pictures of the inside of our trucks, Lets get that going again. I would like some help deciding if the is a unique way to mount my hand held controler. Thanks guys.

2. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

Heres Mine

Not a handheld though

[​IMG]

3. dRam2500CT

dRam2500CT Member
    from USA

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but any 03+ Dodge ram hand held mount pics would be helpful, I'm trying to figure out where to mount mine too.

4. secret_weapon

secret_weapon Senior Member

I already posted pics in the BOSS thread. Look for "ST2 mount in chevy". I'm very proud of it, so if I have more chances to show it off, well then so be it!:rolleyes:

5. Boast Enterpris

Hi-jack all you want. Any pictures of mounted or hand-held contoller mounts would be appreciated.

6. DSLL

DSLL Senior Member

Well if you say it's ok

Attached Files:

7. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

That is the exact way I mounted my joystick in my Dodge.

I don't want to rock the boat but why are people mounting hand helds, does that not defeat the purpose. I have tried the hand held and do not like it.

8. Tuxx

Tuxx Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

You may have answered your own question.

9. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

I have two westerns, one joystick and one handheld, the handheld i dont even mount I just leave it on the center seat or center consoul, the joystick I have mounted by my left knee and I hate it there but oh well.

10. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

We have to hand helds and both just lay on the seat, if the plows not on the truck, we put the controllers in the glove box

11. stroker79

Left knee?? do you drive on the right side of the truck?:D

12. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Anyone have pics of a western joystick in an obs(88-98) chevy? I need some ideas of where to put it.

13. stcroixjoe

stcroixjoe Senior Member

heres mine i did have it on with velcro but it would always fall off now its on w/3 self tappers

f-250 lifted wplow 050.jpg

f-250 lifted wplow 051.jpg

14. Boast Enterpris

stcroixjoe, do you leave it there while you are plowing or is that just for storage??

15. stcroixjoe

stcroixjoe Senior Member

just storage, while driving, or if i have to get out

16. Tuxx

Tuxx Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

Not a big fan of handhelds,I have only had toggles or joysticks mounted.But the beauty of the Smarttouch 2 is you can remove the handle and mount it.First pic is my truck,second is my work truck with spreader box mounted also.

control mounts 015.jpg

control mounts 023.jpg

17. slauncha413

slauncha413 Junior Member
    from USA

Right Side?

None of you guys mount on the left side to give you the option to shift and raise/lower at the same time? I have mostly seen that set up before, Shift Into reverse with the right hand, Lift the plow with the left hand...I guess thats just my preference then...

18. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I was trying to figure out how to mount my joystick on the door but came up with no ideas. I was thinking the same thing with doing 2 things at once to save a bit of time.

19. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

MY drump truck is on the left, but the other two on on the right. If you try to run the plow and shif at the same time, you end up working the tranny to fast, Ie. not stoping completly before shifting.

20. stroker79

What about holding onto the steering wheel? The nice thing about the boss handheld is all you have to do double click the up button and it will go all the way to the top so you dont have to onto the button. But this year im trying the joystick so we shall see.