1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hand Held Controller Issue

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by shark1955, Dec 14, 2005.

1. shark1955

shark1955 Junior Member

I have a new Boss 8' Super Duty Trip Edge plow with the hand held controller. On several occassions the plow controller has started flashing red and the plow becomes inoperaple. I have been able to clear this condition by turning the controller off/on. I've never experienced this while plowing, only when starting my truck or just driving. The Boss distributor sez this is due to an overload condition, which I don't accept. Has anyone else experienced this problem? :help:
  2. THREE W

THREE W Senior Member

Have the exact same plow, have not had that problem. Interested on what is the problem should I encounter it!!
  3. Handyman

Handyman Junior Member

If something is leaning on the controller or if I put it in it's cradle up side down, I get the same thing. As long as you can reset it, no big deal.
  4. us2bafhemi

us2bafhemi Junior Member

It sounds to me like you are describing the "sleep" mode of the controller. According to the manual, the controller will go into sleep mode after 20 mins or it being on and not being used. you will be unable to operate the plow when this happens, something about making it so you don;t accidentally hit the buttons. To "wake" it back up, do as you have been and turn it off and then back on.
  5. vipereng2

vipereng2 Senior Member

yup thats it read the book
  6. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

Okay, all you smart guys, how about this one.....

On my backup, an 8' straight blade / hand held controller, sometimes when you press to the right, the blade comes up as well.

Now don't be telling me to no push up on the middle button either or I'll have to.... :gunsfiring:

Could it be that the sensors in the controller are too close together and hit each other??
  7. vipereng2

vipereng2 Senior Member

:nono: :gunsfiring: i have he same problem but try not to push the middle button lol. i think iam hitting both at the same time . next time out iam going to see what happens move my finger alittle more :eek:
  8. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

I WAS paying attention, and if I'd hit the bottom of the button, to swing the plow to the right, not always, but sometimes it would go "UP", yes, I said UP, even though I would have been near the down side of the button.
  9. shark1955

shark1955 Junior Member

When all else fails read the instruction manual!! Thanks!