1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

hand held controller acting up

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by plowin boy, Dec 19, 2009.

1. plowin boy

plowin boy Member

Hooked up my straight blade plow yesterday and went to raise the blade and the plow wouldn't go up. Then once I finally got it raised it wouldn't angle to the left. It would angle to the right and go down fine, so I checked a few things and finally plugged in my backup controller and it works fine now. Is there anything I can do to this controller to salvage it? Like maybe buy a new PC Board Assembly? Thanks for your help guys

Scott

2. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

3. wfopete_98

wfopete_98 Junior Member
    from iowa

I have the same problem with the plow going up and also left and right doesn't always work when I push the button sometimes have to do it 3 to 5 times to get it to go. I took the joystick controller apart (5 button) Unimount and wiped the control board off and put it back together and it works better but still a little finiky my question is could i just replace the PC board and it would be fine or do i need the new buttons too. and is the above website the best place to get them?

Thanks

4. twinman326

Last edited: Dec 24, 2009
  5. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

just change the board. buttons should be fine. i have boards in stock.

6. sflem849

sflem849 Member

I have a board in stock, too. I can send it over there if you would like. They won't return electrical and I didn't need it.
    When I ordered mine it came with the board and buttons all as one. I would do it that way. It looked like a pain taking off the old buttons off and putting them on the new board.

7. wfopete_98

wfopete_98 Junior Member
    from iowa

how much for the board? How much too ship? Let me know or send me your phone numbers whatever?!?

8. sflem849

sflem849 Member

flemfarm charter.net

9. twinman326

Sflem849

How the plow doing??

10. sflem849

sflem849 Member

Good, but I am not sure what in the world to do. It snowed about five inches and then blew REALLY hard. It stopped snowing and I got everything plowed, but then it started raining/freezing raining. My whole yard/driveway is an ice skating rink! I should have left the five inches to soak up the rain and I would be able to walk to the barn.
    It has been raining for about five hours now and things are starting to get slushy. I am not sure if I should go try and scrape some of the crap off or just wait till it turns to snow and plow tomorrow morning. Either way I think there is going to PLENTY of ice.
    Merry Christmas everybody!

11. twinman326

need to get some salt on the ground....

12. sflem849

sflem849 Member

It is all gravel and grass so I am thinking salt won't go very far.