1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

? Hand-Held Conntrol ? Should it lite up when the plow is unhooked?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Derf, Dec 10, 2006.

1. Derf

Derf Junior Member

? Hand-Held Control ? Should it lite up when the plow is unhooked? Completing the install and notice the hand held control does not lite up when the plow is unhooked from the truck? Is this normal? Maybe I have something hooked up wrong? Any info is appreciated. Thanks

2. Nitro1253

Nitro1253 Junior Member
    from NJ

no, no lights until the plow is on the truck

3. Synergyracing

Synergyracing Member
    from Indiana

Yes, the handheld will light up if the plow is uphooked. I just went out and checked mine...

4. scaper27

scaper27 Member

my Western touchpad lights up when I start the truck, whether the plow is on or off

5. LINY Rob

LINY Rob Senior Member

Man I dont even remember!

I cant see the reason for it being lit up, then again I dont leave it connected if the plow is not- whats the point? so some di*ckhead thief can grab it?

6. Snowbrdr360

Snowbrdr360 Senior Member

Mine does not light up unless the plow is attached

7. scaper27

scaper27 Member

might be the way it is wired. I wouldn't worry about it, unless it doesn't work with the plow

8. carcrz

carcrz Senior Member

My Fisher doesn't light up unless the plow wiring is hooked up on the front.

9. Snoflo

Snoflo Member

Ill check in the morning for ya but I think This has to do with what type of system you are using....I forgot to look..... I dont think the Unimount 2 wire nine pin systems will light the controler because the ciurcut is open when unplugged but the new three wires might because I think!!! the curcuit is closed with the new headlamp loop.

10. jcesar

jcesar Senior Member
    from Mi

Mine does not light till the plow is hooked up. All it is , is the power supply that you have going to it. The circuit is not completed till the plow is attached. Not a big deal, as you wont need it till the plow is on.

11. chs1993

chs1993 Senior Member

Mine doesnt light up unless the plow is on.