1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hand gun tax write off

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by joe2025, Mar 13, 2013.

1. joe2025

joe2025 Member
    from NEPa

I did a search and could not find anything on this. I know this is a subject not everyone likes but has anyone had their accoutant write off the purchase of a hand gun as a business expense for the snow industry? Mine said she doesn't see it as being a red flag but I'd ike to see if anyone has done it. I know that the trucking industry does it with some drivers so I figure why not at least ask. Every little write off helps the bottom line. Thank you.

2. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

Never heard of it as a tax write off. Uncle sam will let you know if its not n u get audited

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Don't see why not.

[​IMG]

4. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

Love the pick

5. joe2025

joe2025 Member
    from NEPa

Grandview, you have way too much time on your hands.:laughing::gunsfiring:

6. icudoucme

icudoucme Senior Member

I know for a fact it can count as a security expense. If you have more then one employee just make sure you have a "Weapons in The Work Place" policy. If you're a sole proprietor no worries.

7. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

Is that an UNDERSTATEMENT !!!

8. TKLAWN

TKLAWN PlowSite Veteran

Still pretty funny though!