1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hamsar Snow Plow Lights #81091

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by Diesel_brad, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Diesel_brad

Diesel_brad Senior Member

Anyone ever heard of them? I just picked up an older uni-mount for my F350 and the lights are pretty shot. I was looking at the Nighthaws but the Hamsars are about $60 cheaper.

Any suggestions?

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Any pics? Maybe website. Never even heard of them

3. Diesel_brad

4. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

did you buy them ? How do you like them?

5. Diesel_brad

Nope. Haven't had time to touch that plow yet

6. xgiovannix12

I was looking into the dual bulb ones

I think the single bulb is only low beams

7. shaffecv

shaffecv Junior Member

Just installed a pair. The single bulb does have high/low beam, it's a 9003 bulb.
    They appear to be built pretty stout. I like the U type mount so you can adjust up down and side to side separately and they supply stainless bolts.
    And they are Canadian built which for the E-Bay price of $135 shipped surprised me. (I was expecting Asian Built for that kind of money)

8. xgiovannix12

yea I got the 135 dollar ones on my watch list... how do you like them ? are they better then the older sealed beams?

9. shaffecv

shaffecv Junior Member

Mine were pretty old , originally installed in 1992 and now on their third truck.
    They are as bright as my factory lights (1997 Dodge 1500).

10. xgiovannix12

Ive been using the same set of truck lite lights for 5 years.... I dont see how people break their lights all the time...

11. shaffecv

shaffecv Junior Member

Mine were bright enough yet. I only do my driveway and a friends place but the carriage bolt/ trunnions were shot and they would n't stay adjusted anymore .