1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hamptonplow??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by RipT, Feb 16, 2005.

1. RipT

RipT Senior Member

As I am STILL not allowed to PM you, I'll have to post here. Are you still running your Siera 1500HD with QuadraSteer? I am about to finalize my order for one this week and wanted to check if you had any last minute words of wisdom or such. Thanks for your previous input and comments.

2. RipT

RipT Senior Member

Well.... I guess HamptonPlow has not cought up with this yet, but I'll add an update.

I just learned that GM will not be offering QuadraSteer on the '06 models. So, first week of April is last chance to get an order in for an '05. I finalized my order for an '05 1500HD 4x4 Crew, LS, 6.0, 4:10, w/QS on Friday.

Still interested as to how Hampstonplow's rig is working out as a plow truck. I still plan to transfer my Western PolyPlow to it for next season.

3. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

i think there are a couple of others here that have the quadra steer. None have reported any problems yet. i think it is interesting that they are not going to offer quadra steer any more.

4. avalancheplow

avalancheplow Senior Member

I see him every now and then and all he says is good things about it. from the way he talked i even want to buy one. if i see him i tell him to log on.

5. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Hey Avalanch, if you want one, you better buy now. They are killing it because of slow sales.

William

6. RipT

RipT Senior Member

Thanks for the feedback guys.... I've been seriously considering QuadraSteer for quite a while as a way to accept the otherwise long wheelbase of a Crew/short box I need for other more general use.

I have been plowing about a mile of private road plus 4 turn-arounds for about 8 yrs with a '98 2500 reg cab/long box & Western PolyPlow here at 8000 ft in Colorado with no problems. This new truck will replace my Tahoe and in a year or two may also replace the '98 2500 so I will have to transfer the plow to it.

In any event I went ahead and finalized the order last week for an '05 and then found out it was being discontinued by GM for '06. The concept is too good for it to die, so I guess it will show up on something else soon. While GM initially promoted it in '02 & '03, it was priced way too high. Then they dropped the price way down but almost completely stopped promoting it and dealers seldom stocked it, so it was almost always special order.

I've been a fleet buyer for many years so ordering a unit was SOP for me. If anyone is considering one, now is the time (by Apr 8th). The 1500HD is really a 2500 with 8600 gvwr, 8 bolt wheels, 6.0 & 4L80-E trans so it is no wimp. While a plow prep package is not offered on crew cabs, the QS does include the 145 amp alternator and tightening up or going heavier on the torsion bars is no big deal.

Still would be interested if anyone else has a QS (plowing or not) and what their experience has been with it.

7. Hamptonplow

Hamptonplow Member

RipT,

The truck is great. I did change the clutch fan and have had the new intermediate steering shaft (tsb) installed. I'll find a way to email you with more info.