1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Half-Ton V Blade

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by ramair2k, Dec 22, 2015.

1. ramair2k

ramair2k Senior Member

Will fisher ever make a V blade for a half-ton truck? Would love to sell off my Fisher HT for a V blade. Currently have a 2013 Silverado LT Z71 Crew Cab. HT is great for what I use it for but would love a V blade that won't kill my front end.

2. cwren2472

cwren2472 Member

Don't hold your breath. Considering that the HT is the only plow to fall within the recommended weight range for the newer 1/2 tons, and considering how much steel they had to shave off of it to make it that way, it seems unlikely that they could design a V plow that wouldn't crumple like a ball of aluminum foil the first time it was used. Demand notwithstanding, no one wants to sell a v plow that is going to be nothing but a relations disaster and a warranty nightmare.

3. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

The 7.5' XV2 weighs 914 pounds and the 7.5' XV weighs 821 pounds. Both are way to heavy to even consider putting on a 1/2 ton. Boss and Snow Dogg both make 7.5' V plows that weigh about 700 pounds so, you can put them a a 1/2 ton. To me it seems like 7.5' isn't quite wide enough for a V plow. I think if Fisher built an 8' or even a 7.5' V plow that weighed around 700 pounds they would sell a ton of them.

4. ggb6259

ggb6259 Senior Member
    from SW MI

You have three choices. Meyer V-LD, Snowdogg VMD and the afore mentioned Boss. Meyer is 585lbs the Dogg is 700lbs without truck side...

5. ramair2k

ramair2k Senior Member

Would my truck handle a 7.5ft HD2 without damaging the front end from the weight?

6. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Your truck would be fine with a 7.5' HD2. Most people in my area with GM 1/2 tons have HD's on them.

7. CowboysLC_DE

CowboysLC_DE Senior Member

Fisher doesn't even let you put a v-plow on a GMC 2500hd crew cab with a gas engine. That was three years ago with my '06 and I thought the dealer was messing around with me.

Michael

8. JoeG3

JoeG3 Senior Member

I have a XV2 on my '15 Silverado 2500 Crew cab gas, only restriction I know of is if the truck has the LED running lights

9. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

I've never really understood why they bother to make the 7.5 vee. Its way too heavy for a half ton and not nearly wide enough for a 3/4 ton. To the OP, a 7.5hd should work fine on your truck as pong as you take it easy while plowing. Plow with the storm and try not to push too much at a time

10. ggb6259

ggb6259 Senior Member
    from SW MI

1/2 ton trucks can handle the weight and gives the 1/2 ton drivers the flexibility of a V. Makes perfectly good sense to me. The Fisher HD is 613 lbs. Which is heavier than the Meyer VLD... For my Dodge I can get up to a 680 lb straight blade per plow selectors.... Front end is rated 3950lbs. That brings the Dogg into play if I wanted to put that much weight up front. GM can go more with the same 3950 rated axle that brings the Boss at 713lbs into the mix. Not trying to be a butt, but there are V's rated for many but not all 1/2 tons out there. The OP Asked about Fisher and they do not have one that light. Only presented options.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2016