1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Half Ton Pics

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by lodogg89, Jan 3, 2007.

1. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

Guys with half tons, just curious what plows you are running, thinking about moving up to a bigger plow, whats everyone got?? I have a 760 blizzard right now but thinking maybe 7' 6" V plow or maybe the 8.2 V. Possibly need some suspension mods.
  2. Fordistough

Fordistough Senior Member
    from USA

Why is this in the Equipment, tools, and vehicals pics. What type of truck is it, and post it under the vehicles thread of that make.
  3. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

could be cause im looking for pictures of them, so quit being a post nazi
  4. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

Equipment tools and vehicle pictures:dizzy: So you think it is ok to post a picture here of a vehicle here?I would say yes Fordistough.Why would he post it under that make?He said ehat kind of truck you running so am sure people are running different kinds.

5. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

I am running a 2004 half ton chevy 4x4 with a 26 series steel Snoway.Can't beat it very nice plow.Would like to be using it but don't see that happening any time soon unless I want to plow rain or sunshine.

6. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

I would not put a 7.5 V blade on a 1/2 ton. Thats way over loading the truck. Got buy a 3/4 ton if you want a V blade.
  7. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

why is a 7.6v blade to much for a half ton. it weighs 18lbs more than a 7.6western pro/
  8. Embalmer

Embalmer Senior Member

I got a 05 ram 1500. bought a blizzard 760 for it, as thats the most weight im willing to put on the front end, and is alot of plow for such a truck. Just need to be motivated to install it now, as so far no snow in the forcast. :rolleyes:
  9. rayf268

rayf268 Senior Member

don't have any pics but . I have a 98 GMC 1/2ton with a western unimount 8ft pro 700#'s it handles it fine I won't go any heavier .wesport
  10. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

My old truck was a 94 F150. We put 3/4 coil springs in the front along with the air bag system and we were running a 7.6 Myers with pro wings. That truck didnt squat one inch! BTW- I've seen a few 7.6 Boss V blades on half tons.
  11. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

If your gonna be mounting a plow on a 1/2 ton, I'd definitly either upgrade the springs or put some timbrens on it. JMO

Might be able to find a Fisher LD or a smaller meyer for one. I see plenty of the oldwer trucks (Ford F150's Chevy 1500's) with plows on them but you don't see many of the new 1/2 tons with plows on them.
  12. tim975

tim975 Senior Member

Here is a pic of my old 1997 GMC 1500, with the summer wheels and tires. Bought it used in '98, put a new Western 7 1/2 Pro Plow on it the same year. The truck handled the plow very well, came with Snow Plow Prep. Traded it in 2001 for a 2500HD, and kept the plow. Should've never got rid of it.

13. lazerslicer

lazerslicer Member

What did they give u on the trade? with how many miles???? what year?
  14. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

hahahahahaha :D :D

I wouldnt go any bigger than maybe a 7'6" Boss Steel V. I had a 2001 Ram 1500 with my 7'6" Boss straight and that was more than enough. Found the plow to be too small for my F-250 though!
  15. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

16. tim975

tim975 Senior Member

When I bought the truck, it had 21k miles on it. When I traded it, it had 114k miles on it. The stealership gave me $9000 for just the truck without all the extra goodies on it. With chrome grill guard and nerf bars, fiberglass cap, Western plow mount and wiring harness, stock OEM steel wheels with relatively new BFG All Terrain's, they gave me an extra $1000 for all the extra's. I bought a set of the OEM aluminum 6 lug wheels for it, ran those for about 2 months, then put the Weld's on it. I still have the OEM aluminum wheels with center caps that show the 6 lugnut caps if anyone is interested in them.
  17. dlnimsy

dlnimsy Senior Member

My 94 1500 w/ 7.5 fisher and 6cyl . Sold it in 04.

18. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

ive got timbrens, my truck drops like 1/2 in with the plow on.
  19. Buster F

Buster F Senior Member

I have an 06 F-150 supercab w/ a 7'6" RD minute mount on it. I added a 2" leveling kit and run about 450 lbs of sandbags up against the gate. If it ever snows again i'll get some pics with the blade on and let you know how it handles this setup.
  20. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Well I've said it in about 20 other threads here on PS, I have a Dodge '96 1500 with an 8'2" Boss and have had no more or less front end problems with that truck than my 2500 with an 8'2" or my 3500 with a 9'2". Take that for what it's worth.