1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Haldex pump

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by wrknguy04, Dec 23, 2007.

1. wrknguy04

wrknguy04 Junior Member
    from kc,mo

Hello to all, Im the new kid on the block. I'm in search of aa repair and parts guide for my haldex plw pump.I need to take mine apart and think it would helpful the first time.

2. wrknguy04

wrknguy04 Junior Member
    from kc,mo

Haldex Pump Info NEEDED

I have spent many hours searching online for info on this pump. Got it used with plow so resllers dont wseem to want to help with papers on it.

3. Wicked500R

Wicked500R Senior Member

Last edited: Dec 24, 2007
  4. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Post the model number. Does it have two seprate toggle switches. I have a Barnes one as well. Post a pic of it. I have the instructions and part list for mine.
    T.J.

5. wrknguy04

wrknguy04 Junior Member
    from kc,mo

Thanks for the response. I tried the haldex site, doesnt go indepth with info for me. I then tried calling hoping they could direct me to a site or email info. They are closed for holidays till NEW YEAR,
    aS FOR MODEL # ILL HAVE TO GO GET IT . It looks exactly like the one on northerntools web site. It has 2 switches,4 valves( 3 2-way,1 4-way)

6. onemancrew

onemancrew Member
    from NW,IA

problems finding help

I have a problem with my pump now and the company is giving me the run around. So I called northern and they gave me the people that sell them in my area. My plow will not go down I've checked the coils and valves they are good. Thinking about junking it and buying a v-plow. Call barnes and talk to someone and get your local dealer.

7. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

I had the exact same problem with mine. It was the coil on the lower left side. I got a SAM one from a local auto parts store. He let me go in the back to try and match it up. I got it home and tried to put it on. It would not seal (had fluid everywhere). Come to find out the nut on the coil was too thick not allowing the body of the coil to go into the O-ring boss on the valve body. So I chucked it up in the lathe and machined the large nut thinner. All fixed.
    T.J.

8. onemancrew

onemancrew Member
    from NW,IA

I have swiched coils and valves still will not go down. The local guy said it might be the check valve.

9. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Did the coil you got come with the valve assembly as well. Or did you just get the coil that slides over the valve. I did both and it worked.
    T.J.

10. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Wheres B&B at!!!!!

11. onemancrew

onemancrew Member
    from NW,IA

I just swtched the coils from top to bottom and bottom to top. I got a new valve and it didn't make a differents. So I switched all the valves and no luck either. I'm going to call the man. guy in the morning. I have to get it done after jan 7 I have surgery so I have a person to move snow if it done.:dizzy:

12. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Did you check for magnetism in the drop valve/coil assembly to begin with?

Might just be an external electrical problem...

13. onemancrew

onemancrew Member
    from NW,IA

yes I did. It was the first thing I checked. Ordered a new check valve.

14. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Did you try pushing the lift cylinder down with the lowering valve removed from the manifold?

The check valve is for the pump outlet check...shouldn't keep it from dropping when the lower valve is activated.

15. onemancrew

onemancrew Member
    from NW,IA

no I didn't do that I will try that