1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hair Salon Plow Job

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by ADK, Sep 20, 2006.

1. ADK

ADK Member

Morning all.....I had a residential client whos now asking me to plow there Hair Salon....I'm in the Albany NY area and thinking about $600.00 a season and $100 extra for sand and salt.....Am I in the ballpark? Thanks for any help.

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Just my opinion, but I'd say "no". I have a driveway (lots less potential liability) on a seasonal. It's one and half truck lengths long and 12' wide. Seasonal price - $400. A half-mile single lane private road would be $1200

Maybe with another zero...
  3. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

what are the dimensions? Im thinking more around $1500.
  4. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Not high enough for salt and sand for the year IMOP. How often do you plan on saltinging and sanding, around here in michigan I would charge $125.00 to 150 every salting. I think we need a little more info on what the customer wants from you.

Regards Mike
  5. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

$600 a season? With an average of 15 storms (not counting big ones) thats only $40 per visit + salt. IMO thats not even enough to cover you time there. By looking at that picture id charge $200 per event + salt. Minimum $3000 seasonal contract.
    I plowed a hair salon once it was a 30'x70' lot with 2 walks...worth $200 per storm.
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2006
  6. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Looking at this again and getting an idea of the size by counting the parking spaces, it gets even worse. The area is odd-shaped and plowing will be difficult, you are just off a major 4-lane divided highway, there are two entrances and there is very little (if any) room to stack snow (not on three sides; possibly in the rear side). You'll will need a loader of some type as a plow will be unable to carry the loads neccesary due to the length of the lot. You will likely need to truck snow off-site and will then need a dump site. You will need either a back plow, skid steer or do a lot of back blading.

Does this whole lot actually belong to the hair salon?
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2006
  7. LLM Ann Arbor

LLM Ann Arbor Senior Member

700 a year including salt? No wonder I cant get more work.

You're way too low but Im sure you'll get the job. That jobs a 100 dollar a push deal. Minimum. Up to 3"

What if it snows 25 times like we hope? You may end up doing that place for free if it does.
  8. DomTech

DomTech Junior Member

I see why Im always out bidded by lowballers-----Thats a 1200-1500 job in central NY:angry:
  9. ADK

ADK Member

OK...That's why i was asking before I gave them the price....I'm not to worried about 25 storms this year....On the other hand maybe I'll have all seasonal contracts and only have 2 or 3.....Need to roll with the punch's......I'm convinced I need to go higher....Thanks for all the replys:nono:
  10. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

Prices vary widly depending on the area. I would tend to ask someone more local...Rob
  11. ADK

ADK Member

Thanks for the help guys........I got the job @ $1050.00.......This will cover what i need to make..........
  12. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

now that price seems fair have fun
  13. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

I don't get this seasonal price stuff. We charge per push in inches thats it no seasonal how do you guys base all this? I am interested in figuring this stuff out.purplebou purplebou

14. premier homes

premier homes Member

still too cheap... too much for too little. i have a smaller lot in syracuse for $1200 seasonal with out salt and a 3 inch trigger:)
  15. EnviroTeam

EnviroTeam Member

Yup, I'm doing one about the same also for 1200 not including salt, but with a 2" trigger.
  16. ARTQOS

ARTQOS Junior Member

yep $1200-1500 here in Michigan
  17. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

I'd say $1100 - 1200 for plowing alone, sight unseen. Then change for salting per time.
  18. ipc

ipc Junior Member

Well I don't know what you guys get down there but an average lot, about 50 min work pays about $2340 for the season. Pushing back banks is extra and salt is extra. We base our totals on 34 pushes with a 2" trigger. Average salt requirement is 22 times. We get $127.50/tonne applied. Welcome to the Canadian winter