1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Had transmission serviced , now leaks motor oil.

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Sprinkler Guy, Dec 17, 2009.

1. Sprinkler Guy

Sprinkler Guy Junior Member

Is this a coincidence? 2006 6L with 50k on it. Had the tranny oil changed and the next day I'm leaking motor oil on my driveway. I took it back to the tranny shop and he said there is no way it could be him. It appears to be coming from the main seal area. Any thoughts?
  2. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

what name shop is?

Could be they try destroy seal then hop you come back so they could make money by change seal?
  3. suzuki0702

suzuki0702 Senior Member

i wouldnt jump to that conclusion so fast....ive heard of rear mains going on the 6liters.hopefully they put mercon sp in there.......your under warranty still go to the ford stealer and have em pull the motor to replace it..could be coming from your upper engine area also leaking down?
  4. Sprinkler Guy

Sprinkler Guy Junior Member

I will do that. It must be just a coincedence.
  5. metallihockey88

metallihockey88 PlowSite.com Addict

yup, take that thing back to the dealer, it should be fixed under warranty. as far as i know that truck has a 5 year 100k mile warranty on anything on the engine due to all the problems they were having. its no deductible too.
  6. Green Grass

Green Grass PlowSite Fanatic

I had two 6.0 both had bed plates that leaked very common problem
  7. sflem849

sflem849 Member

I know the 7.3 liters are bad for fuel bowl drain valve orings going out. The ULSD is really hard on them. I have gone through two sets in four years. On the upside, they are cheap!
    Fuel will pool in the valley and then run down the back of the motor making it look like a rear main seal is out.