1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Had to drop two contracts (conflict of interest?)

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by norrod, Nov 28, 2004.

1. norrod

norrod Senior Member

A good friend of mine dropped all his commercial clients this year (He had 9 good ones). He has a very busy service station, and after also plowing for 20 years, decided to only do residential. Well he notified all his commercial clients and gave them my contact info. So i picked up most of his accounts.

turns out two of the jobs were actually for the county plowing the driveways of mentally challanged residents. So I took these jobs over and my wife was looking at my route when she tells me I cannot plow those two resident's drives. I asked why? She saids because these are her clients as she is a case manager for a local Hospital that provides care to the mentally challanged. And as she is the one that allocates the county money for snow and de-icing, it would be a conflict of interest for me to do these two locations. So I had to drop em' Who would have thought !

But I did pick up a nice townhouse developement 1 mile down the road from my house. Actually my being 1 mile away is what won me the job !

Safe plowing everyone !

Last edited: Nov 28, 2004

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

not worth having your wife lose here job over it
    i have a friend whose wife is a t.m. for wendys
    he can only plow stores that arent in her district